Parental Rights Attorney

Are you wondering if someone is illegally preventing you from asserting your parental rights? You need to be aware of your rights as a mother or father, and you need to know how to appropriately assert those rights.

Experienced Custodial Rights Lawyer Protecting Your Rights to Your Children

I am family lawyer V. Wayne Ward, and I have more than 30 years of experience helping parents set visitation hours and get custody rights to their children. I can explain how you can exercise your rights regarding your family.

Dealing with child support and other parental rights issues does not have to be confusing. Contact a family law lawyer to learn what options are in both you and your child’s best interests.

I thank you, for offering your knowledge and expertise to people like myself. I will now be in compliance with the court and I am very excited to spend Christmas Eve with my daughter. – R.F.

What Rights Do You Have As A Parent in Texas?

According to Texas law, a parent has certain rights regarding his or her children. These include the rights to:

  • Attend school activities
  • Receive information concerning health, education and welfare
  • Access medical, dental, psychological and educational records
  • Consult with medical professionals and school officials concerning the child’s welfare
  • Consent to medical, dental and surgical treatment in certain emergency situations

I have been involved with hundreds of cases involving parental rights. I have been named to the Super Lawyers list ten consecutive years (2009-2019) times by Texas Monthly for his dedication to his clients. And I am one of few family law attorneys in Texas to be certified in family law. You can rely on my deep understanding of the law to get results that will be in the best interests of your child.

Are Fathers’ Rights Equal To Mothers’ Rights?

In the past, mothers used to be favored over fathers in custody decisions. Times have changed. Now, Texas law does not presume one party is more fit than another. Instead, the law focuses strongly on the best interests of the child. This is true for many parental rights areas, including:

Ready to Assert Your Parental Rights? Call Me, Lawyer Wayne Ward, for Help.

Contact me by email or call 817-789-4436 to speak with me, Wayne Ward. I am a Fort Worth parental rights attorney, and I stand ready to inform you of your rights regarding your child and protect the best interests of your family.

Se habla español. Spanish-language service is available.