Grandparent Rights Lawyer

Grandparent rights is a growing legal concern. Every state has different laws regarding the right of grandparents to custody, guardianship, adoption and visitation. In Texas, grandparents may be given access or custodial rights, but only when custody or visitation are deemed to be in the child’s best interests.

Facilitating Custody, Visitation And Adoption by Texas Grandparents

When the parents of a child are healthy and providing a proper level of care to the child, and the parents don’t want the grandparent to be part of the child’s life, a grandparent has little recourse. But when there are problems in the home that prevent parents from providing proper care, grandparents are sometimes allowed to step in.

For instance, a grandparent may petition the court for custody when the child’s health or well-being is in jeopardy. This action may take place when the custodial parent’s mental or physical health is in doubt, or when the parent has serious drug or alcohol problems, is involved in criminal activity or appears to pose a threat to the child.

Likewise, a grandparent can petition for visitation privileges in situations where the child’s parent (the grandparent’s own child) has died, or when he or she has had their parental rights terminated. Visitation is also an option when a parent is serving a prison sentence, or when drugs, alcohol or abuse are issues in the home.

The Right Lawyer for You

Because every day brings new rulings in grandparent rights cases, the law is always in flux. I remain up-to-date with the latest developments. I am also one of few Texas lawyers certified in family law. I use my knowledge and experience to bring grandparents and their grandchildren closer together.

Schedule a Consultation to Discuss Your Grandparents’ Rights Today

To schedule a consultation, call me, Fort Worth grandparent rights lawyer Wayne Ward, at 817-789-4436. Alternatively, write to me using this easy email form.

Se habla español. Spanish-language service is available