Attorney For Fertility & Surrogacy Matters
Fertility and surrogacy opportunities have grown out of the medical ability to bring a child to term through egg donation. This remarkable breakthrough has seen a parallel development in the law. This is why it is so fundamental to have an experienced and knowledgeable attorney by your side to help protect your rights in a surrogacy relationship.
I am family lawyer V. Wayne Ward, and I represent parents, surrogates and fertility clinics in Fort Worth and throughout Texas in the developing area of fertility and surrogacy law. I draft thoughtful, thorough agreements to ensure all sides understand their rights and limitations.
Gestational Surrogacy Requirements In Texas
Texas is one of a small number of states that has enacted surrogacy statutes specifically allowing agreements to be approved by courts. These rules are thoughtful and appropriate for this intimate exchange, and protect all parties:
- When there are two intended parents, they must be married.
- Either the intended parents or the gestational surrogate must have resided in Texas for 90 days before filing the petition.
- The egg of the gestational surrogates may not be used. Only a donor egg or the egg of the intended mother may be used.
- Intended parents must have a genuine medical need for the gestational surrogate.
- The gestational surrogate must already have successfully experienced pregnancy and birth.
Legal Issues Involving Embryos, Sperm And Eggs
All parties entering into a gestational surrogacy agreement will want a knowledgeable and understanding attorney by their side to advise them at every stage. I have more than 30 years of experience in family law, and I provide the support and knowledge needed to work successfully with you through this process. You can turn to me for advice and counsel on all medical, legal, moral and ethical considerations in this unique area of law.
Contact Me, Wayne Ward, Dedicated Surrogacy Law Attorney
To schedule a consultation, call my Fort Worth family law office today. I will discuss your fertility and surrogacy law concerns during a consultation. Learn more by calling 817-789-4436 or by writing to me using this convenient email form.
Se habla español. Spanish-language service is available.