Divorce Decree Clarifications

There are two main ways that divorce decrees are amended. The first is the motion for modification, which is an actual lawsuit asking the court to permit a different arrangement than is spelled out in the original decree. Modifications are typically for child custody or child support matters.

Serving Fort Worth | Keller | Southlake | Grapevine | Colleyville | Tarrant & Parker County

The other way to amend a divorce decree is the motion for clarification, which is not a separate lawsuit, but a request that a glitch in the divorce decree be fixed. If an account number cited in the decree is wrong, for instance, the error can be fixed using a motion for clarification.

How Does ‘Nunc Pro Tunc’ Apply To Texas Motion For Clarification?

The Latin phrase nunc pro tunc (literally “now for then”) applies to both actions, clarification and modification, because both revisit a past agreement and make changes to it. Clarifications are small changes that don’t alter the basic agreement. Modifications are requests for substantive changes in the basic agreement. When a court order is not adhered to, you may request that the court enforce the order.

If you have a divorce or other Texas family law matter that needs clarification, call me, Wayne Ward. I am a well-respected family law attorney in Fort Worth, and am available to represent clients throughout Texas.

Act Quickly. There May Be A 30-Day Deadline.

It is important to know that clarifications, unlike modifications, may have to be requested within 30 days of signing of the divorce papers. Some Texas courts have been quite strict about this deadline. Others have been more flexible, recognizing that these repairs are important even after 30 days. I have experienced past success in getting around the 30-day deadline for clarifications.

I assist clients in requesting clarifications on court orders. It is a relatively simple process that will smooth out the wrinkles in compliance.

Call Divorce Clarification Attorney Wayne Ward

Are you unsure about the terms of a court order? Look to a certified expert in family law for clarifications. Look to me, Fort Worth lawyer Wayne Ward. I will meet with you and hear more about your problem and how to resolve it.
To schedule a consultation with me, call me at 817-789-4436. Alternatively, write to me using this link.

Wayne Ward is a Board-Certified Family Law attorney
Only a small percentage of Texas lawyers qualify for certification by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Certification is your assurance of quality, up-to-date legal representation.

Se habla español. Spanish language service is available.